PTA Calendar 2018-2019
How can I help?
Glenealy School Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
The PTA exists to provide opportunity for parents and caregivers to get involved in the life of the school. The PTA organise a host of functions and events, which enable families to meet in a relaxed environment and enjoy time together. The PTA fundraising events rely on the goodwill of our community, which in turn helps to provide additional funding to the school to purchase special items and equipment that the school wouldn’t be able to fund itself. The school is very appreciative of all the efforts the PTA makes to help the school reach its goals and dreams and to bring our Glenealy families together to enjoy each other’s company.
All current members of the PTA have the opportunity to participate in aspects of PTA life whether on the Committee, as a class parent or assisting at one of our events or fundraising activities during the year.
Since the inception of the ESF Ordinance (2008), all parents are required to join their child’s school PTA. Glenealy School PTA has joined the central billing and collection of PTA membership fees organised by ESF. The ESF will invoice and collect the fees on each year on our behalf. The annual family membership is $600 and as a member you will be invited to all of our community events and activities.
- Fatema Jangbarwala – Chair – Parent of students in Year 3 & 5
- Jane Madden – Vice Chair – Parent of student in Year 2
- Rick Yoon – Honorary Treasurer – Parent of student in Year 4
- Christine Meaney – Honorary Secretary – Parent of student in Year 6
- Gina Agresti – Parent of student in Year 6
- Sumita Barnes – Parent of student in Year 5
- Greta Bradley – Parent of students in Year 6
- Yulia Cherniakov – Parent of student in Year 1
- Jewell Chua – Parent of students in Year 1
- Alice Farmer – Parent of student in Year 2
- Ting Guevarra – Parent of student in Year 2
- Melissa Howard – Parent of student in Year 1
- Firuzeh Ispahani – Parent of student in Year 1
- Nisha Israni – Parent of student in Year 6
- Sylvie Kirton – Parent of student in Year 2
- Helen Lam – Parent of student in Year 1
- Kritika Mukhi – Parent of student in Year 5
- Aisling Quinn – Parent of students in Year 3 and 6
- Trinnie So – Parent of students in Year 4 and 6
- Lisa Wang – Parent of student in Year 4
Principal & Teacher Representatives
- Brenda Cook – Ex Officio Principal Member
- Phil Sangster – Vice Principal
- Indi Kalsi – Classroom Teacher (3K)
- Becky Steel – PTA Coordinator – Parent of students in Year 3 and 6
- Belinda Lieu – PTA Finance Coordinator – Parent of students in Year 4 and 6
|Monday 20th August||PTA Committee Meeting 2.00-3:00pm|
|Tuesday 28th August||Parent Welcome Coffee Morning|
|Thursday 6th September||PTA Bingo Night|
|Wednesday 12th September||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30pm|
|Friday 14th September||Y6 Fundraiser 3:00pm|
|Thursday 27th September||PTA AGM|
|Monday 8th October||PTA Committee meeting 1.30pm – 3.00pm|
|Wednesday 31st October||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30pm|
|Friday 2nd November||Y3 Fundraiser 3:00pm|
|Friday 23rd November||School Fair|
|Wednesday 23rd January||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30pm|
|Friday 25th January||Y5 Fundraiser 3:00pm|
|Thursday 14th February||PTA Student Disco – Years 1, 2 & 3|
|Friday, 15th February||PTA Student Disco – Years 4, 5 & 6|
|Wednesday 27th February||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30pm|
|Wednesday 27th March||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30pm|
|Friday 29th March||Y2 Fundraiser 3:00pm|
|Friday 10th May||Y1 Fundraiser 3:00pm|
|Wednesday 22nd May||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30pm|
|Wednesday 12th June||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30pm|
|Friday 14th June||Y4 Fundraiser 3.00pm|
|Tuesday 25th June||Volunteers Thank You lunch|
Glenealy School Uniform
Please order Glenealy School uniform on line: www.schooluniform.hk
The PTA Uniform Shop has samples of all uniform items. We strongly recommend that you come to the shop to fit the uniform on your child before ordering on line.
School Uniform consists of standard uniform and PE kit. On days when children have PE lessons they wear the PE kit to school all day. You will need to know what House your child is in as the PE uniform is colour coded according to House.
There are school buses available to take your child to and from school. Kwoon Chung Motors Company operates this service independently. All bus inquiries should be directed to the company.
School Bus Communication/Registration
GS Committee Members
PTA Committee members are elected every year at the Annual General Meeting in October.
Class Parents represent each class and organise opportunities for parents and caregivers of the students in the class to meet up to relax and enjoy time together. New Class Parents are organised each year so everyone can have the opportunity to contribute in this way on an annual basis.
In addition to these specific roles, there are a numerous opportunities to get involved in PTA activities and we really value and appreciate any offer of help whether large or small.