The Glenealy PTA
How can I help?
Welcome to Glenealy School PTA. The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is an important link between school and parents. It provides support to the school and its community both financially and socially. The spirit and warmth of our parent community is a distinguished aspect of Glenealy School. Watch our short introduction video below for further information about the PTA and what we do.
How to get involved?
All families with children attending ESF schools automatically become members of that school’s PTA. There is a subscription fee per family per year. With this fee we support the school by engaging our students in fun and interesting activities and events, financial contributions to school renovations and looking after the wellbeing of the school community. Whilst we appreciate that this year may be challenging given the current context, we hope to be able to continue providing activities using different platforms to maintain community spirit throughout Glenealy.
The PTA relies on the contribution of the Glenealy community who donate their skills and time to enhance and upgrade the school’s environment. We are incredibly grateful for this untiring support and involvement. In recent years, PTA has worked with the school on extensive internal and external renovations and enhancements through various fundraising activities.
Becky Steel is your school PTA administrator. To contact her at the school PTA office, email email@example.com or telephone 2522 1919.
Governance – Important Documents
The PTA Committee comprises of parents, teachers and members of the Senior Leadership Team. The Committee is elected annually at the AGM. The PTA is involved in many areas of school life. Notably in recent years Glenealy School PTA has:
- Designed and introduced a new school uniform that will be rolled out across all ESF schools.
- Takes pride in being the first ESF school to introduce online uniform purchasing.
- Contributed financially and conceptually towards the mutli-purpose hall (The Centre), Glenealy communities Hub and the current playground renovations and design
- Fatema Jangbarwala – Chair
- Yulia Cherniakov – Vice Chair
- Rick Yoon – Honorary Treasurer
- Suchitra Kuruvilla – Honorary Secretary
- Hina Akhtar
- Ganesh Chidambaram
- Rajshree Chirkut-Govender
- Firuzeh Ispahani
- Mengmeng Li
- Rashida Mithaiwala
- Kanch Porta Panjabi
- Bai Ling Sun
- Tanya Verghese
- Lisa Wang
- Zoe Zhang
Principal & Teacher Representatives
- Chris Briggs – Ex Officio Principal Member
- Phil Sangster – Vice Principal
- Indi Kalsi – Classroom Teacher (3K)
- Becky Steel, PTA Coordinator
- Belinda Lieu, PTA Finance Coordinator
Despite the current challenges, the PTA is continuing to organise socially distanced events where possible with the help of our parent volunteers.
Glenealy Nature Walk – February 2021
Glenealy Fun Run – February 2021
Chinese New Year 2021 – Inspired Art Gallery
Virtual Dumpling Making Master Class
Watch the video here
Parent Wellness Talks – January 2021
Book Week inspired Art Exhibition – October 2020
Secondhand Uniform Sales – 13-14 October 2020
AGM – 15 October 2020
There are many ways in which you can contribute. You can become a Class Representative, join the PTA Committee or help at events and fundraisers held over the course of the year. We welcome new ideas and thoughts.
- Join the PTA Committee – Bring your skills, ideas and enthusiasm to the heart of our school community. This highly rewarding role offers the opportunity to provide your input and help organise some fantastic events. A more detailed role description can be found here.
- Become a Class Representative – This is a great opportunity to be the central contact point between the school, PTA and your child’s class. In addition to communicating important information between the PTA and the class, class representatives organize social gatherings for parents in each year group to mingle and get to know each other. Each class has a maximum of two class representatives. A more detailed role description can be found here.
- Casual volunteering – The PTA host a number of events and fundraising activities throughout the year that happen with the time devoted by volunteers from within our school community. Whether helping at a year group fundraiser or organizing a new event we value your insight and support.
Please contact Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in finding out more or would like to get involved!