PTA Calendar 2018-2019
How can I help?
Welcome to Glenealy School PTA. The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is an important link between school and parents. It provides support to the school and its community both financially and socially. The spirit and warmth of our parent community is a distinguished aspect of Glenealy School.
How to get involved?
All Families with children attending ESF schools automatically become members of that school’s PTA. There is a subscription fee of $600 per family per year. With this fee we support the school by financing the sports buses and online academic platforms like Britannica and Mathletics. The PTA relies on the contribution of the Glenealy community who donate their skills and time to enhance and upgrade the school’s environment. We are incredibly grateful for this untiring support and involvement. In recent years, PTA has worked with the school on extensive internal and external renovations and enhancements through various fundraising activities.
Becky Steel is your school PTA administrator. To contact her at the school PTA office, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 2522 1919.
The PTA Committee comprises of parents, teachers and members of the Senior Management Team. The Committee is elected annually at the AGM. The PTA is involved in many areas of school life. Notably in recent years Glenealy School PTA has:
- Designed and introduced a new school uniform that will be rolled out across all ESF schools.
- Takes pride to be the first ESF school to introduce online uniform purchasing.
- Contributed financially and conceptually towards the mutli-purpose hall (The Centre) and current playground renovation and design.
Front row: Jewell Chua, Ting Guevarra, Christine Meaney, Fatema Jangbarwala, Brenda Cook, Lisa Wang
Back row: Rashida Mithaiwala, Phil Sangster, Indi Kalsi, Belinda Lieu, Firuzeh Ispahani, Gina Agresti, Melissa Howard, Becky Steel
- Fatema Jangbarwala – Chair – Parent of students in Year 3 & 5
- Jane Madden – Vice Chair – Parent of student in Year 2
- Rick Yoon – Honorary Treasurer – Parent of student in Year 4
- Christine Meaney – Honorary Secretary – Parent of student in Year 6
- Gina Agresti – Parent of student in Year 6
- Sumita Barnes – Parent of student in Year 5
- Greta Bradley – Parent of students in Year 6
- Yulia Cherniakov – Parent of student in Year 1
- Jewell Chua – Parent of students in Year 1
- Alice Farmer – Parent of student in Year 2
- Ting Guevarra – Parent of student in Year 2
- Melissa Howard – Parent of student in Year 1
- Firuzeh Ispahani – Parent of student in Year 1
- Nisha Israni – Parent of student in Year 6
- Sylvie Kirton – Parent of student in Year 2
- Helen Lam – Parent of student in Year 1
- Kritika Mukhi – Parent of student in Year 5
- Aisling Quinn – Parent of students in Year 3 and 6
- Trinnie So – Parent of students in Year 4 and 6
- Lisa Wang – Parent of student in Year 4
Principal & Teacher Representatives
- Brenda Cook – Ex Officio Principal Member
- Phil Sangster – Vice Principal
- Indi Kalsi – Classroom Teacher (3K)
- Becky Steel – PTA Coordinator – Parent of students in Year 3 and 6
- Belinda Lieu – PTA Finance Coordinator – Parent of students in Year 4 and 6
|Monday 20th August||PTA Committee Meeting 2.00-3:00pm|
|Tuesday 28th August||Parent Welcome Coffee Morning|
|Thursday 6th September||PTA Bingo Night|
|Wednesday 12th September||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30pm|
|Friday 14th September||Y6 Fundraiser 3:00pm|
|Thursday 27th September||PTA AGM|
|Monday 8th October||PTA Committee meeting 1.30pm – 3.00pm|
|Wednesday 31st October||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30pm|
|Friday 2nd November||Y3 Fundraiser 3:00pm|
|Friday 23rd November||School Fair|
|Wednesday 23rd January||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30pm|
|Friday 25th January||Y5 Fundraiser 3:00pm|
|Thursday 14th February||PTA Student Disco – Years 1, 2 & 3|
|Friday, 15th February||PTA Student Disco – Years 4, 5 & 6|
|Wednesday 27th February||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30pm|
|Wednesday 27th March||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30pm|
|Friday 29th March||Y2 Fundraiser 3:00pm|
|Friday 10th May||Y1 Fundraiser 3:00pm|
|Wednesday 22nd May||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30pm|
|Wednesday 12th June||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30pm|
|Friday 14th June||Y4 Fundraiser 3.00pm|
|Tuesday 25th June||Volunteers Thank You lunch|
We encourage active parent participation. With this commitment and passion we have been able to host the following events this year:
Welcome Coffee Morning
Glenealy School PTA Annual General Meeting 2018
School Fair 2018
Year 3 Halloween Fundraiser
Year 5 Chinese New Year Fundraiser
Year 6 Fundraiser – Love Our Earth
Year 2 – Easter Fundraiser
Year 1 – Summer Fun Fundraiser
Year 4 – Sustainable Fundraiser
There are many ways in which you can contribute. You can become a Class Parent, join the PTA Committee or help at events and fundraisers held over the course of the year. We welcome new ideas and thoughts.
- Join the PTA Committee – Bring your skills, ideas and enthusiasm to the heart of our school community. This highly rewarding role offers the opportunity to provide your input and help organise some fantastic events.
- Become a Class Representative/Parent – This is a great opportunity to be the central contact point between the school, PTA and your child’s class. In addition to communicating important information between the PTA and the class, Class Parents organize social gatherings for parents in each year group to mingle and get to know each other. Each class has two class parents.
- Casual volunteering – The PTA host a number of events and fundraising activities throughout the year that happen with the time devoted by volunteers from within our school community. Whether helping at a year group fundraiser or organizing a new event we value your insight and support.
Please contact Becky at email@example.com if you are interested in finding out more or would like to get involved!
Glenealy School Uniform
School uniform can be ordered from the official website (www.schooluniform.hk).
The PTA hold samples of all uniform items on campus. If you would like to arrange a fitting for your child please contact Becky via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Girls Summer & Winter School Uniform|
|Girls Short-Sleeve Blouse|
|Girls Long-Sleeve Blouse **|
|Girls Straight Leg Trousers **|
|Boys Summer & Winter uniform|
|Boys Short Sleeve Shirt|
|Boys Long Sleeve Shirt **|
|Boys Trousers **|
|Unisex PE Shorts (girls can choose between skorts and shorts)|
|Unisex Tracksuit Pant **|
|Girls PE Skort|
|Girls PE Pant **|
|Unisex Short-Sleeve PE Tee-Shirt|
|Unisex Long-Sleeve PE Tee-Shirt **|
|Long rain coat|
|Unisex Knit Sweater|
|Unisex Windbreaker Jacket **|
|Unisex Fleece Jacket **|
|CAINE / GREEN||BOWEN/ YELLOW||KENNEDY / RED||ROBINSON / BLUE|
We recommend that you will need:
– Boys/girls shirt/blouse x 2
– Boys short/girls skort x 2
– Boys/girls trousers x 2
– P.E. Boys short/girls skort x 1
– P.E. short/long sleeved shirts x 1 of each – P.E. Track pant/girls P.E. pant x 1
– Unisex sweater x 1
– Unisex jacket x 1
– Unisex fleece x 1
– Hat x 1
**Recommend purchasing in term 1 – It may be several months before they need to wear the winter uniform.
Uniform combination suggestions
- Long and short sleeve shirts
- Grey knit sweater with collar out
- Navy boys trousers and navy girls trousers on school uniform day ONLY worn with navy or white socks (P.E. tracksuit pants should only be worn on P.E. day)
- Girls skort can be worn with navy tights or white socks only
- Navy tracksuit jacket can be worn over school uniform
- Black school shoes only
- Boys and girls short sleeve shirt
- Boys shorts with white socks
- Girls skort with white socks
- Grey sweater with collar out if needed
- Black school shoes only
- Unisex P.E. short sleeve-tee shirt
- Unisex shorts
- Girls P.E. skort
- White socks to be worn with P.E. uniform
- Sneakers/runners only
- Unisex long sleeve and short sleeve P.E. tee-shirt
- Girls Knit P.E. skort, unisex P.E. shorts
- Girls P.E. pant with navy/white socks
- Unisex P.E. tracksuit pants with navy/white socks
- Navy tracksuit jacket and/or
- Navy windbreaker
- Sneakers/runners only
- Full zip tracksuit jacket and hooded windbreaker can be worn with both PE uniform and school uniform
- Heather grey knit sweater is not to be worn over PE uniform
- Glenealy does not have a designated summer and winter uniform. All types of uniform can be worn at any time of the year.
- White long sleeve tee-shirts are not to be layered under short sleeve P.E. tee-shirt or short sleeve shirt
- Shoes, sneakers and socks are to be purchased independently.
There are school buses available to take your child to and from school. Kwoon Chung Motors Company operates this service independently. All bus inquiries should be directed to the company.
School Bus Communication/Registration