The Glenealy PTA
PTA Calendar 2019-2020
How can I help?
Welcome to Glenealy School PTA. The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is an important link between school and parents. It provides support to the school and its community both financially and socially. The spirit and warmth of our parent community is a distinguished aspect of Glenealy School.
How to get involved?
All Families with children attending ESF schools automatically become members of that school’s PTA. There is a subscription fee of $600 per family per year. With this fee we support the school by financing the sports buses and online academic platforms like Britannica and Mathletics. The PTA relies on the contribution of the Glenealy community who donate their skills and time to enhance and upgrade the school’s environment. We are incredibly grateful for this untiring support and involvement. In recent years, PTA has worked with the school on extensive internal and external renovations and enhancements through various fundraising activities.
Becky Steel is your school PTA administrator. To contact her at the school PTA office, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 2522 1919.
Governance – Important Documents
The PTA Committee comprises of parents, teachers and members of the Senior Management Team. The Committee is elected annually at the AGM. The PTA is involved in many areas of school life. Notably in recent years Glenealy School PTA has:
- Designed and introduced a new school uniform that will be rolled out across all ESF schools.
- Takes pride to be the first ESF school to introduce online uniform purchasing.
- Contributed financially and conceptually towards the mutli-purpose hall (The Centre) and current playground renovation and design
- Fatema Jangbarwala – Chair
- Yulia Cherniakov – Vice Chair
- Rick Yoon – Honorary Treasurer
- Aisling Quinn – Honorary Secretary
- Sumita Barnes
- Greta Bradley
- Jewell Chua
- Rajshree Chirkut-Govender
- Ting Guevarra
- Melissa Howard
- Firuzeh Ispahani
- Suchitra Kuruvilla
- Helen Lam
- Alex Maiden
- Kritika Mukhi
- Rashida Mithaiwala
- Kanch Porta Panjabi
- Tanya Verghese
- Lisa Wang
Principal & Teacher Representatives
- Chris Briggs – Ex Officio Principal Member
- Phil Sangster – Vice Principal
- Indi Kalsi – Classroom Teacher (3K)
- Becky Steel, PTA Coordinator
- Belinda Lieu, PTA Finance Coordinator
PTA EVENTS CALENDAR 2019-2020
|Wednesday, 21st August||PTA Meeting 3:30 p.m.|
|Thursday, 22nd August||Meet the Teacher|
|Wednesday, 28th August||Parent Welcome Coffee Morning|
|Tuesday, 3rd September||Year Group Class Parents meeting 8:30 a.m.|
|Thursday, 5th September||PTA Bingo Night|
|Wednesday, 11th September||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30 p.m.|
|Friday, 20th September||Y6 Fundraiser 3 p.m.|
|Thursday, 26th September||PTA AGM|
|Wednesday, 2nd October||PTA Welcome Committee Meeting|
|Friday, 18th October||Character Dress Parade. PTA Coffee Morning|
|Friday, 25th October||Y3 Fundraiser 3 p.m.|
|Wednesday, 30th October||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday, 13th November||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30 p.m.|
|Friday, 6th December||Uniform Sale 3p.m.|
|Thursday, 12th December||Christmas Carols, PTA Sausage Sizzle & Uniform Sale 3p.m.|
|Wednesday, 15th January||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30 p.m.|
|Friday, 17th January||Y5 Fundraiser 3 p.m.|
|Wednesday, 12th February||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30 p.m.|
|Friday, 21st February||School Fair – rescheduled|
|Thursday, 12th March||PTA Event|
|Wednesday, 18th March||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30 p.m.|
|Friday, 27th March||Y2 Fundraiser 3 p.m.|
|Friday, 8th May||Y4 Fundraiser 3 p.m.|
|Thursday 21st May||Disco Year 1,2,3 lunchtimes|
|Friday 22nd May||Disco Year 4,5,6 lunchtimes|
|Thursday 28th May||Island School Fittings|
|Friday, 29th May||Year 1 Induction and Uniform Fitting|
|Friday, 5th June||Y1 Fundraiser 3 p.m.|
|Wednesday, 10th June||PTA Committee Meeting 3:30 p.m.|
|Thursday, 18th June||PTA Volunteer Lunch|
We encourage active parent participation. With this commitment and passion we have been able to host the following events this year:
Welcome Coffee Morning – 28 August
Bingo – 5 September
Glenealy School PTA Annual General Meeting 2019 – 25 September
Year 6 Fundraiser – 20 September
Year 3 Halloween Fundraiser – 25 October
Uniform Sales – 6 & 12 December
Sausage Sizzle – 12 December
There are many ways in which you can contribute. You can become a Class Parent, join the PTA Committee or help at events and fundraisers held over the course of the year. We welcome new ideas and thoughts.
- Join the PTA Committee – Bring your skills, ideas and enthusiasm to the heart of our school community. This highly rewarding role offers the opportunity to provide your input and help organise some fantastic events.
- Become a Class Representative/Parent – This is a great opportunity to be the central contact point between the school, PTA and your child’s class. In addition to communicating important information between the PTA and the class, Class Parents organize social gatherings for parents in each year group to mingle and get to know each other. Each class has two class parents.
- Casual volunteering – The PTA host a number of events and fundraising activities throughout the year that happen with the time devoted by volunteers from within our school community. Whether helping at a year group fundraiser or organizing a new event we value your insight and support.
Please contact Becky at email@example.com if you are interested in finding out more or would like to get involved!