The Prefects are a group of student leaders from Year 6. The role of a Glenealy prefect is to lead and act and encourage others to lead and act. The role provides opportunities for Year 6 students to further develop their skills and personal qualities including: leadership, responsibility, confidence, effective teamwork, cooperation, collaboration, and developing action ideas.
All students who are appointed as prefects are expected to:
- Be examples to all members of the school in the way they live the learner profile and attitudes.
- Be a good role model in their general behaviour, uniform, appearance, punctuality and attendance.
Encourage others in the school to take on leadership opportunities and positions of responsibility and provide opportunities for them to do so.
- Organise, improve and carry out duties and responsibilities which can include: leading assemblies and talent shows, ambassador work; Glenealy Radio; inter-house activities; Student Council; working with the Green Team and in the library; as well as other tasks and jobs as may be directed from time to time by staff or students.
- Act as friends and buddies for those who need support.
- Be balanced by carrying out prefect duties and still be fully committed to their learning and extra-curricular activities.
- Attend the weekly prefect meetings and contribute positively.
The Green Team are a group of students from Years 2-6 who are passionate about all things Green. We do our part to highlight local and global issues and raise awareness within the school community. The Green team also takes part in events such as Earth Hour and Green Week.
We also teach other students what it means to reduce, reuse, recycle and rethink our actions and how we can make a positive difference.
Back Row (L-R): Sean Lowry Cummings, Joshua Maiers, Elvis Lee
Front Row (L-R): Mackenzie Lai, Peter Wan, Errin Quinn, Eunice Lee, Harriet Teare, Felicity Low, Emily Sim